Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hop Hop came to see Landry!

Landry was really into Easter this year. I think what helped contribute to this interest was we used to(yes that's past tense-she/he has since gotten smart and moved her home somewhere else) have a little bunny rabbit that lived in our bushes in the back yard. Landry has since named all rabbit's a "hop hop." Well every time we would go outside to play Sadie(our dog) would hunt that rabbit down from one side of the yard to the other until it ran out of the fence. The whole time she would be chasing it she would be barking a high pitched squeal/bark and at first it would scare Landry to death and he would start crying and run to me. However, after about the first 10 times he got used to it and would think it was funny. I do have to give Sadie props though-she would never hurt the rabbit b/c one day she actually got it cornered in a section of our fence and the rabbit couldn't get out and she just stood there nose to nose with that rabbit and stared at it. Whew! I was a little nervous that day b/c I was so scared she was going to hurt that poor sweet rabbit in front on Landry and I don't know how he would have taken that. So since then when we walk in the back yard he will put his hands up to his mouth and call for "pop......pop"(aka hop hop) waiting for it to come to him. So sweet. :) So hence our obsession with rabbits right now Easter came at a perfect time. He was very excited about "hop hop" coming to see him and all he kept asking for was "canny"(candy") and a "pish" (fish). So, as you guessed it....Hop Hop delivered on his wishes. He got smarties for candy and a beta fish and lots of other goodies...not to mention all the gifts from the grandparents. He looked so sweet Easter morning all dressed up in his little bunny outfit. He would randomly point to it during church and whisper "hop hop." I chose to not post a family picture this year of us b/c first of all they were all horrible of me and I just need a tan something awful and secondly, Landry just really didn't want to cooperate during our family picture time so non of then really turned out like I wanted or anticipated-but that's ok...at least I got a sweet one of him before church.










He had 3 different Easter egg hunts to participate in which has led to lots and lots of candy at our house. He was so funny during the hunt b/c he would get to an egg, sit his basket down, open the egg and start start eating the candy inside immediately instead of looking for more eggs. He is one blessed little boy to have a family that loves him like they do.





At church during Sunday school class we have been studying about the last week of Jesus life. The last few weeks we have been watching sections of the "The Passion" that Mel Gibson came out with several years ago. Let me just tell you...that is NEVER an easy movie to watch during the scenes where they are beating Jesus but to watch it on Easter, being pregnant and hormones raging, and having a son on my own now that movie just really pricked my heart Sunday morning and I starting bawling. I had to get up and leave the room b/c I was shaking uncontrollably. I just wanted to yell at the TV for them to STOP!! Stop beating my Savior-that's enough all ready!! I was able to compose myself enough to return to class by a constant reminder...that's not the end of the story. It didn't end with death for him...it ended with him being risen. I am more grateful this Easter than ever before that I serve my Lord and Savior and that he took on my burdens so Austin, me, Landry, baby #2, and all my family and friends can live with him one day if we live the life he called us to live. This statement doesn't seem to be enough but I have never meant it more..."Thank you God for Jesus!!" Hope yall had a Happy Easter b/c it was for me b/c Jesus raised from the dead!


1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about The Passion. We saw in when it came out and haven't watched it since even though we own a copy. So hard to watch. I had the same reaction. We keep saying that we need to make a tradition of watching it every Easter just as a reminder. It's so easy to get such a sanitized view of our sins and forget the horrible pain and agony that OUR sins caused for our Savior. Easter is past, but maybe you have inspired me to stop making excuses and sit down and remember.

    So glad Landry had a good visit from the hop hop! Loved his pictures with bare feet and flowers! We weren't able to do our pictures outside. Too cold! I hear you on the tan thing. We are so ready for warmth we can't stand it. The wind today was bitter cold and tomorrow is May! I've tried to be so patient, but seriously this is crazy!

    ReplyDelete