Monday, April 26, 2010

BIG accomplishment!

Wahhhooo!! This past weekend was the Nashville Music city 1/2 marathon that I have been training for since January and I FINISHED! :) Amber and Nathan ran in it also and I have to say a BIG thanks to them b/c if they hadn't helped/encouraged and trained with me there is no way I would have done it!
The race was so much fun and I really enjoyed every minute of it!They were calling for an 80% chance of rain/thunderstorms/straight line winds and tornadoes but I am so happy to say that it didn't rain on us while we were in the race! As soon as we got to the car and shut the door the bottom fell out and it started pouring-so it was perfect timing! I can't tell you how many signs I saw that spectators were holding in the side of the road that said "Run like a tornado is coming!" ha ha! It was such a great experience and actually kinda have the blues that it's all over.

Austin told me the night before that he and Landry would be waiting at mile 6 to see me and cheer me on...so needless to say I was looking forward to mile 6 more than I was the finish line. Well mile 6 came and went and I didn't see them. I was SOOO disappointed but around mile 6.2 I hear someone calling my name and it was Austin running along side the road with Landry in one arm and the camera in the other. My heart leaped for joy and it was just the motivation I needed! He had been calling my name and chasing me for about 20 yards but I didn't hear him b/c I had my ipod going pretty loud to try and cover the disappointment of not seeing him and help me keep going. Landry just smiled at me when he saw me and I ran over and gave him a quick kiss and kept running. After seeing my 2 favorite boys smiling faces I felt like I had just started the race and it gave me the extra energy I needed to keep going. Poor Austin ran all over Nashville with Landry and also met me at mile 9 and then again at the finish line-I have the sweetest husband who loves me more than anything. Also waiting at the finish line was my mother and daddy-I was so excited to see them and I could see the pride in their face when they were yelling my name and waving! I have to say this was the 4th proudest day in my life behind 1. being baptized 2. Landry's birth 3. Our wedding day. I actually got emotional at the finish line and cried tears of joy...I'm sure pure exhaustion played a part but I was so happy and proud of myself. Here a few pictures from the day.

I stole an idea from a friend of mine and had Landry a shirt made in honor of me. On the front it said "run momma run" with a picture of a girl running and on the back it said "Nashville Music City 1/2 marathon 2010." I just wanted to mark this day and remember it-Thanks to everyone who supported me by encouragement,babysitting while I trained 4 days a week, prayed for no rain(it worked), and most importantly God who gave me the strength to help me accomplish something I have ALWAYS wanted to do and thought it would never happen. I can't help think about running in a race without reflecting on this verse and I quoted it several times in my head Saturday "let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us" Heb 12:1. Our life is the true race...I pray that I am running side by side with Christ.












3 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! I was so sad I didn't get to go. I think it's probably for the best, I heard they had to pull some of the slower runners off the course towards the end because of the tornadoes, and I'm pretty sure I would have been one of them! Haha. Landry's tshirt turned out so cute!! I have to sign up for another race now so Addi can wear hers. But seriously, that is such an accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to see you Friday night! I am glad you had a good race...congrats! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you! Congrats.

    BTW, the picture of you holding Landry...well, Wyatt is wearing a long sleeved white t-shirt today. I did a double take. He just needs longer hair. I can't wait to see them together.

    ReplyDelete