Here are just a few things that Landry is doing now at 12 months old and a few milestones he has reached:
~He weighed 22lbs on his 1st birthday(34th percentile)-poor thing had to go to the doctor on his 1st birthday due to 2 week chronic congestion-all better now!
~Walking 100% of the time
~Loves to dance and he can get down(where did he learn this? haha!)
~Loves Mickey mouse club house!
~FINALLY he is riding in his carseat without a fuss!WHEW that was a LONG time coming!
~He smiles and waves to people in the balcony and people who sit behind us at church-I feel so bad b/c I know he is distracting people but it's so cute at the same time!
~Loves to climb on top of things
~Loves to play outside(the 3 days it has been pretty enough to go out)
~Takes 2 naps a day -morning and afternoon. He usually sleeps around 2-3 hours in the morning and 1-1.5 in the afternoon. Thank you landry for being a good napper-mommy enjoys that down time
~We have put 2 little "lovies" in the crib with Landry and now when he wakes up he immediately grabs them and chews/loves on them when he wakes up.
~He has a VERY favorite book right now that Nana got him for Christmas called "Big Red Barn." He loves loves loves that book and brings it to me on average 5 times a day and then takes it to Austin when he gets home from work about 3 times wanting to read it. I can even have it laying out in the floor with all his other books and I can say "landry bring me your big red barn book" and he will go and find it in the midst of all the other books and pick it out and bring it to me! I am so impressed with this! Smart boy!
~Favorite foods: bananas, cheese, applesauce, mandrian oranges and whole cows milk(organic)! But we don't turn any foods down at this point he loves to eat anything and everything!
~Loves to drink all the time!
~We now get a sippy cup 100% of the time and he has done amazing with it. I realized I was crazy for putting the cows milk into a bottle when he loves his sippy cup as much as the bottle. 1st time mothers live and learn right! :) Yes this means his is completely weaned now and has been for 3 weeks! Sad day for me! :(
~He signs for "drink" and "bite" but does the drink sign for both. He can also do "please" and "more" when he wants to-he isn't very consistent with these. He also does a sign where he pats the side of his face but we have absolutely no idea what this sign means or where he got it from.
~Points to things everywhere we go and talks as if he is trying to say what they are and they are coming out very close but no actual words yet but I know what he is saying.
~"Talks" all the time now!
~Has 6 and 1/2 teeth-he is currently in the process of getting his 7th tooth-it's already poking out of the gum but isn't all the way through
~Loves Sadie! He will just walk up to her and "pat pat" where it's more of a slap slap. Good thing we have a very good natured dog!
I couldn't help but think of this verse as I have reflected on the past year. As Landry is growing and developing every day it reminds me of my job God gave me and Austin to do.
Proverbs 22:6 "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it"
Yay for the sippy cup and Organic Milk! Thats all we do too!
ReplyDeleteI LOVED baby sign language! Grant still does "more" and I think its precious how they touch those sweet little fingers together!
Cant wait to see you both next week!