Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Simmons sicknesses and Valentines!

Ok so I know that title doesn't go to well together but lets just say it sums up our life here latey! Let's just start off with saying that we didn't really get to celebrate Valentines day on the 14th like the rest of the world. Unfortunately Austin woke up Sunday at 4am with nausea and upset stomach. We at first thought it was food poisoning-b/c he had all the symptoms but decided later we think it was the 24 hour virus that has been circulating through Columbia lately. So since January this has been all the sickness our family of 3 has dealed with: Landry-h1n1 flu, cold Austin-h1n1 flu, stomach virus Tara-strep throat, h1n1 flu, sinus infection. Let's just say our family is about to go in quartine!! I just don't understand why we are getting sick all the time. I am so careful with washing our hands, wiping public tables off when we go out and anything we could possibly touch, with wiping landry hands down after someone touches them in public, with keeping our house sanitized------so where is it all coming from??? I just have no idea and I will never know I guess. UGH! just wish it would all go away and stop!! So far me and Landry haven't gotten the stomach virus but I am holding my breath and praying that we don't b/c poor austin was pitiful!! OK so enough complaining on to the exciting non-whining part!

I SPENT MY FIRST NIGHT AWAY FROM LANDRY THIS PAST WEEKEND!! WAHOO!
Austin and I went up to Cool Springs and ate at PF Changs, went to the movies and saw "When in Rome"(wouldn't recommend it) and then spent the night at the Embassy Suites. This was our Valentines celebration and our "alone time" combined into one so we went big and had a blast! It was such a fun night and we really enjoyed our little vacation away. I did a lot better than I thought I would-of course I missed him like crazy but I didn't cry once.I would be lying if I said I didn't tear up a few times but a tear never ran down my cheek! My parents kept Landry for us and they said he did great also. I was really worried about him sleeping for them since he would be out of his normal routine but he did great and only woke up once around midnight but went right back down till the morning! I think the best part about our trip was us both being able to sleep in together past 6:30am-That hasn't happened in 11 and a half months! :) I had a wonderful early Valentines day celebration with my husband he is so good to me and it was a good thing we did it early since he got sick on actual Valentines day! :) I don't have any pictures to document the night b/c I didn't want to carry anything with me that night- not a purse, not a diaper bag, not a camera- NOTHING. So I went all night and didn't have anythign on my shoulder-that felt a little weird and I kept feeling like I was forgetting something all night! haha! I love my 2 boys more than anything!
Just as a side note- I cannot believe my little boy will be ONE in less than a week!

2 comments:

  1. YAY TARA!!! SO happy you did that! I think it makes us a better parent when we have "a night off"!

    So sorry you've been so sick too! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great valentines celebration! How blessed Landry is to grow up and see two parents that love each other so much :)

    I can't believe you haven't slept in together past 630 in 11 1/2 months...my eyes got huge when I read that! We really should start sleeping in huh? haha

    I can't wait to see pictures of his birthday party. I just think it is so exciting to see them have their first cake! I don't know why, but I do!

    ReplyDelete