Tuesday, February 2, 2010

11 months old and WALKING!

I thought I would post some cute recent pictures of Landry crawling around b/c I'm afraid his days of crawling are coming to an end.





Oh I can't believe this will be my second to last "monthly" post of Landry before he turns 1. It's so hard to believe he has been in my life for only 11 months b/c I don't remember life without him but then again it's so hard to believe he is almost 1. I love him more today than I did yesterday....he is such a joy to be around and makes me smile every day. Here are just a few things landry is now doing.

*Letting go and taking about 10-15 steps all by himself- we are so close to having a walker! He is about 50/50 with walking and crawling right now.
*Self-entertains. Landry used to want you to sit in the floor and entertain him-he now will sit in the floor and entertain himself for about 1-1.5 hours.
*He now likes to feed Sadie his food when he is done eating. He will just hang his arm over the highchair and Sadie knows what to do! ha ha it's so funny!
*He now will throw a "fit." He is a very determined little boy and know what he wants! WHEW-we are going to have to channel this! My granny doesn't like me saying he is throwing a fit she says he is "communicating." So now it's a joke when he slings his head back and fusses we all just say "he's communicating!"
*I still have to rock/bounce him to sleep. Some days I wish I could just lay him in his crib and he go to sleep on his own but other days I love this time with him and I know that one day he will not want me to hold him-so I am trying to savor every moment of this.
*He still loves to dance to music, sing, give high fives, and wave hi and bye.
* We still aren't saying any words just baby talk but is doing it all the time.
*Likes to get Sadie's toys and play with her
*Loves to play play with his push toys and will even push toys that aren't suppose to be "pushed."
*Still sing himself to sleep
*Will gives kisses to people on the cheek-this is more of him pressing his mouth on your cheek with his mouth open(so sweet!)
*can climb up stairs and is very fast at it!
*Loves to open and close cabinet doors and drawers
*Blows kisses
*WE still only have 6 teeth- 4 on top and 2 on bottom

I am down to nursing Landry about once a day now. This is very sad for me b/c I know that my baby is growing up and its just part of the process. I had to start weaning him about 2 months ago and so far he has done a lot better with it than me. I blame my milk production on my gallbladder surgery/pain meds when Landry was only 3weeks old and I was just getting the hang of things and that REALLY set me back. However, I really wanted to nurse and so I stuck with it even though it was probably the hardest thing I've ever done-yes harder than child birth. It just didn't come natural to me like it does some women especially since I was struggling with lack of milk production from the beginning. After many phone calls, meetings and talking with a lactation nurse I finally was able to get the hang of it. But from the get go I had production problems so during growth spurts we had to give Landry formula and he has done great with it even during the weaning process. I don't totally hate giving him formula though b/c it has given Austin the opportunity to feel "needed" when Landry was hungry and other members of the family as well that have bee able to give Landry a bottle. Everyone tells me that the second time around nursing goes a lot smoother so I am counting on that! :) I have started giving him cows milk(even though pediatricians don't recommend it till they are 12 months) and he loves it. Yes, I know what your thinking- there really is nothing he doesn't like! haha!

Here's Landry's 11 month old pictures of him doing his new trick- WALKING! You can tell by his face he is so proud of himself!!(as he should be) I love the last few where the signs are blurry b/c you can tell he is really on the move! :)



3 comments:

  1. OH MY! I just LOVE HIM! He's so precious! Walking is so bittersweet! Sad because he's a "Big boy" but you can do so much more with him!

    I am SOOOO PROUD Of you on the nursing.. thats incredible! You're stronger than me! People who have it easy dont know how blessed they are!

    Lets get the boys together soon!!!!!
    OH.. and BTW.. the cabinet/door obsession doesnt go away! HAHAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tara that is so sweet! He is just absolutely adorable and Matt and I love looking at your blog! I'm sorry you are having a hard time with weaning. Hopefully it'll get easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a cutie!! hard to imagine he is almost a year old already...I know you are sad about how much he is growing up but I have to say this age till around 3yrs old was my favorite with my little ones they just learn so much and they start showing more and more of their sweet personalities!! Landry is precious and you are a great mom!! love the blog!!

    ReplyDelete