Sunday, September 6, 2009

Many Many Milestones!

Landry has hit many milestones since our last update. Just for starters he is now sitting up all by himself like a big boy! It seems like all of a sudden he started doing this. We had been practicing for weeks and I had an appointment for his 6 month pictures. I really wanted one with his sitting up unsupported by himself and it just clicked one day and he learned how to do it. So I was one happy mother watching him sit up like a big boy for his 6 month pictures.
He also had gotten better at taking naps in his crib. We had been working on this for some time now and every time I would lay him down as soon as his head hit the crib his eyes would pop open. Whew! I have to say it's really nice to have a little quite and 'me' time in the afternoons. I didn't realize how much I can get done in 30 minutes time with him asleep! I had to take this picture b/c Landry was 3 for 3 naps in his crib this day. I know I am a brave soul for taking a picture and taking a chance of waking a sleeping baby but I had to document this milestone b/c it took us a while to get there. Unfortunately, we aren't sleeping very good at night. I thought a month and a half ago that he was just teething-but if that's the case it has taken this tooth FOREVER to come in and is completely wearing me out!
It seems like we are trading one good thing for another b/c now that he is actually taking decent naps(by no means ideal) and he decided that he and his carseat can actually get along and not fight with every car ride we take- we now are not sleeping like we were 2 months ago. So who know what the deal is but I hopefully it will get worked out and soon!!
Landry is also now eating baby food!! His first food was carrots. The first bite he took he actually gaged and spit it out. It was so funny and pitiful at the same time. We tried carrots several times the first day and by the end of the day he actully liked them and now eats them pretty good. But I learned that carrots will stain everything they touch along with just about all baby food!! I am planning making his baby food so that i know what is going in his mouth(no pesticides/herbicides/etc). But before I went and spent a lot of money on organic vegetables I wanted to see what foods he would eat first so he is eating the organic gerber food right now and working our way through some baby food that Great aunt Patsy(Austin's aunt) gave us when Landry was born. So thank you aunt Patsy- your gift is coming in very handy!




Another very very sweet milestone Landry is doing is he is now beginning to reach for people when you put your hands out to hold him. I LOVE this and can't get enough of it. He just started doing this about 1 and a half weeks ago and the first night he began this Austin and I made him go back and forth about five times so we could watchi him practice his new trick. Austin finally said "ok Tara that's enough we don't want to wear it out." But I told him I could NEVER get tired of him reaching for me or wanting me to hold him! But he also knows how to work it b/c sometimes he will smile at the person holding their hands out and turn the away from them and act shy. He has also just started to cry or should I say scream out when I leave the room sometimes. While this makes it very hard to get anything done during the day it is also very sweet that he wants me to be in the same room with him b/c I know one day he will be telling me to leave his room! Another fun fact I wanted to share is how he loves to talk now. Austin and I have no clue what he's trying to say but love listening to him constantly coo and bable. We wish there was a way to translate the baby bable somehow, but before we blink he will be talking.:(

So I said I had a really good reason as to why I haven't blogged lately and the reason is we now have possession and own 2 houses. We've working on our house every opportunity we have gotten lately. We plan on staying in our current house until it sells hopefully. It will just sell better with furniture in it. But the worse case senario is if we still haven't sold it by the holidays we are going to go ahead and move into our new home so that we can spend Landry;s first Christmas in our new house. But we are going to be optomistic and say our house will be sold by then and it won't even be an issue!





Here are just a few sweet pictures of our precious baby boy in the last 3 weeks that I wanted to share!









1 comment:

  1. Aw.. Yay Landry! I hope you love your stage! Congras on the new house too!

    ReplyDelete