


Happy First Father's day to Austin!!! Landry must have known it was a special day because he has clung on to Austin like a little monkey on a tree all weekend- but actually he has been doing this for several weeks now(Notice the picture at the top of the main blog- this is what I mean by 'my little monkey'). Any time Austin holds him now he snuggles right up next to him and holds on like he never wants to let go. It's so precious and makes my heart smile to see Landry love his daddy like he does. Austin is so good at getting him to belly laugh too! I have gotten him to laugh several times also but no one can get him to laugh like his daddy can! Landry gave Austin some customized Titalist ProV1 golf balls that have "1st Father's Day I love you- Landry" written on them. Austin really liked them (of course- you can never go wrong with golf presents for Austin). Austin is such a WONDERFUL daddy to Landry and I couldn't have asked for a better husband or Christian leader for our home!



Landry has loved bath time since he was a tiny baby! (Well except for his first bath ever in which he peed all over the mirror and dirtied his bath towel before we ever got a diaper on him- so we pretty much had to bathe him twice). So I just knew he was going to love swimming and he does. He is like a little frog in the water. We probably swam for 30-45 minutes and he loved every minute of it- but wasn't to big on getting splashed in the face by the boys jumping off the diving board. He was so cute and actually got so relaxed that he fell asleep in Aunt Susan's arms while in the pool. I think the water wore him out because he came home that night and slept from 9:30 till 6:00am. He woke up- nursed and went right back to sleep till WE HAD TO wake him up at 8:15 to get him ready for church. I think we may go swimming every day now! :) I like his little do-rag we put on him to keep the sun off his head!





Landry has also learned to sing with me. Whenever we sing to him now he coo's right along with us and he loves music. It's SOOO sweet! Byrdie was holding him at my Granny's the other day after church and was singing itsy bitsy spider with him and even doing the hand movements. Of course he was cooing right along with her and he kept closing his eyes. I had just gotten out of my mouth "I bet if you were to stop moving his arms he would fall asleep." No sooner than I had gotten those words out of my mouth his little head fell over to the side and fell asleep in the middle of the chorus of "Itsy Bitsy Spider" with his arms still in the air making the "spider crawl". It was precious and will be something I will always remember! :) My granny also drew a 'tatoo' on his arm and said it was a picture of his daddy b/c it was Father's day. hehe! Between the do-rag and the tatoo I better start watching out who he is hanging around- he is turning into a little rebel! :)




Fleetwood Mac has always been a favorite group of mine- second to the Beach Boys of course. :) Well my entire family all bought tickets months back to go to the concert. I didn't buy a ticket back in April though b/c things change when you have a baby and I wasn't sure what mood he would be in that day so I decided to just wait and not go. Well an extra ticket came available last minute so my wonderful husband let me go to the Fleetwood Mac concert Friday night with my whole family while he baby sat. I had a wonderful time and it was nice to get out of the house and go do something for myself- even though I was texting austin the whole concert to check on Landry! haha! Things will truely never be the same and I wouldn't change it for anything.

No comments:
Post a Comment