Landry has been growing like a weed lately. Everyone told me when he was born to enjoy him because they grow so quickly. Never in my wildest dreams did I think he was going to grow this fast! He has really taken off lately and isn't showing any signs of slowing down. I cleaned out his drawers this past weekend and took out all his newborn clothing. This really made me sad and I actually teared up a few times as I was storing it. Just knowing that he will never need it again made me a little sad. But then I started thinking about all the new stuff he has been doing and how much fun he is now and I was okay. Those little legs are really filling out and are quite chunky now. I love chunky legs on babies so of course I think it's precious! I keep threatening him that if he doesn't slow down I am going to put a rock on his head. He is growing up way to fast for his mommy and daddy! He has begun to really respond to Austin and I lately. He has been doing this for weeks but as of late when he starts crying if he seeing us coming toward him he stops b/c he knows we will pick him up. And when someone else is holding him he always checks around to make sure we are still standing there and are close to him. This is so sweet and melts my heart every time!! I love him looking for me- I feel like its the beginning of him showing that he loves us. He has also learned how to HATE 2 things that he used to love 1. his car seat/riding in the car 2. his swing. Poor thing absolutely loathes his car seat now which makes it extremely hard for me to go anywhere by myself anymore. And all of a sudden he started hating his swing also. I don't know if it's b/c it is shaped and feels like his car seat or what?? But this kinda makes me sad that he doesn't like it anymore b/c he used to love it and would just sit and coo and smile at his fish going round and round- but not anymore he tells those fish what is on his mind the minute he is placed in the seat- and lets just say it's not nice words of encouragement. I am lucky that his still really likes his bouncy seat thought our I would never get a shower! :) On a very good note he is sleeping like a champ. The past week he has been sleeping 7-8.5 hours every single night. I am getting spoiled by this so on a rare occasion like last night when he got up at 3am and again at 4:30and then for good at 6:00am I wasn't functioning very well and couldnt' seem to get going. He is also maybe starting to like tummy time a little better. He is lifting his head up really good now when he is on his tummy but he still hasn't rolled over- we are still working on that. He loves to hold toys with both hands now and tries to put everything in his mouth- including his entire fist. Forget the thumb he wants his whole hand and he even gags himself with it sometimes. ha! ha! Because of this new favorite "chew toy" I have had to really watch out for people touching his hands. I don't know why but that always seems to be the first thing people go for when touching or talking to a baby. So as soon as it happens in the back of my mind I am thinking "GERMS!" So he gets his hands washed many times a day now especially when we go out in town or in public. He also loves to stand up and support his own weight. I think he feels like such a big boy when he does this. We always kid him and tell him that he needs to do squats to work out those little chuncky legs. :)
We put his exercauser together this past week and put him in it for the first time. He wasn't a huge fan b/c as you can tell in the picture below he is still a little too small for it and his legs weren't touching the ground. I thnk this will be a favorite in a few weeks though with the way he loves to kick those legs all the time.



I LOVE the new pics of Austin and Landry!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your parents too!
Isn't it funny how fast you get accustomed to them sleeping through the night? One bad night and you feel like you got hit with a truck. I am already wondering how we will ever do the whole newborn thing again. Thanks for giving "Easton" a shout-out on your blog! He's going to love being so close in age to Landry, too! Miss y'all.
ReplyDelete