Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My first hair cut....well sorda

Landry has been turning his head side to side a whole lot lately when his is asleep and when he is awake. OF course he has been doing this for a while now but lately has been doing it so much and so fast it looks like he is shaking his head "no" in slow motion. So the other morning when I pick him up I was rubbing the back of his head and I feel a knot. I look back there and he is not one- not two- but THREE little bitty tangles in his hair. They were the little small ones that you can't get out by brushing so...unfortunately I had to cut them out. This made me sad to cut his sweet little hair but I didn't have a choice. But don't worry I put them in his "First Curl" keepsake box we have for him so at least we have them. So if you look very closely in this picture you can see them.


We loved Austin getting to stay at home with us in observance of Memorial Day. It was so nice having the extra set of hands to help with Landry throughout the day and it was nice just getting to spend extra time with him on his 3 day weekend. I tried to talk him in to being a stay at home daddy with me I enjoyed having him home so much, but then I remembered that we needed to be able to put food on the table and keep a roof over our head so I decided that I would let him go back to work. We had a nice relaxing day and the weather was absolutely beautiful. It was really bright outside so I decided to let Landry try on his sunglasses that he got from the Easter bunny along with his hat. He wasn't too sure about the sunglasses at first but when he found out that he could open his eyes with them on he decided that they weren't so bad. He loved the hat and it never phased him. My Granny and Johnnie Faye (my great-aunt) were able to come over and we grilled hamburgers for dinner. Landry had all the fun he could take in one day and conked out halfway through dinner in Granny's arms without a fight. There is something about grilling out in the summer- I look forward to it every year. I am so thankful for all the men and women in the service who sacrifice their lives for me and you and for our country. Happy Memorial Day!




Today Landry, myself and Aunt Baleigh went to Mac Brown Photography in Lawrenceburg to get his 3 month old pictures taken. He did WONDERFUL!! He was really workin the camera. He was smiling left and right. The photographer made the comment that he did great and she was really impressed with him because normally she can't get babies to smile that much at 3 months old! Amber and I actually had our senior pictures taken by the photographer that took his pictures today. They do great work and are very reasonably priced! I am very anxious to get his proofs back!!

Milestone: Landry held a rattle and shook it for the first time this week. I wasn't able to catch it the first time he learned his new trick but I was able to get some good pictures of him with his rattle for his 13 week old birthday picture and one day while he was playing in his bouncy seat. Am I allowed to say that he is such a cute boy?? I am so proud of him and just love him to death!! :) We are still working on tummy time. He is not a big fan of it right now and when he is put on his tummy it normally turns into a melt down. But I was actually able to get a smile out of him for the first time ever this week while he was on him tummy propped up on the boppy. Hopefully it will get better.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Bless It!!! We had to do the same with Grant's hair! :)

    Email me and tell me where you got that patio furniture!! THats exactly what Im looking for!

    ReplyDelete