Monday, May 4, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

The past 2 weeks have been very busy days for us. So I am going to catch you up on our big events the past several days. Many of my family members had not met Landry yet. Aunt Amber and Unlce Nathan had a cookout for us at her house last Thursday so they could finally meet our precious little boy. Landry did great- he basically slept on Bridget's (my 1st cousin) shoulder the whole time.























Last Friday Great Grandma Shankle came into town to meet Landry and visit with Martha and Nora. We met her at Olive Garden in Spring Hill to eat lunch during Austin's lunch break. Landry was very excited to finally meet her! Landry and I also went to CA on Friday to take pictures with "uncle" Alex and Haley for their senior year banquet. Later that night I officially left Landry for the first time since he was born. A good friend of mine from Harding had a wedding shower so I headed up to Cool Springs to eat at PF Changs. I have to say it was nice to get away for a while but it just wasn't the same as it was before I had Landry. I constantly thought about him and talked about him the whole time I was gone (which was only 2 hours- ha ha!). I was texting Austin the whole time I was there making sure he was ok. And of course he was- but that is just the motherly instinct kicking in just to check on him. As I was leaving the restaurant I called Austin just the check in one more time and as soon as the phone picks up I hear Landry whaling on the other line. Austin reassured me that he was fine that he was just fighting sleep but of course I speed up the car on the interstate thinking to myself "I've got to get home- I should have never left him- He is just still too little to be without me right now." I literally watch the clock for 3 minutes to pass to call him back. ha ha! I didn't want to call back too soon and make Austin think that I didn't think he could handle him -which wasn't the case at ALL. I was just thinking he needed his mother- and who doesn't need their mother at times?? So when literally 3 minutes has passed I call Austin and as soon as he picks up the phone I hear peace and quite. He had finally given up the fight and fell sound asleep. He did such a great job with Landry but I didn't expect anything different- he's a great daddy!



Last Saturday we went to Shannon Yokley's surprise 40th birthday party. Her and Greg have been long time friends of Austin and his family. Greg was in the army with John and they were stationed in Texas together back in the late 1980's- it has been fun getting to know them over the last few years and Greg telling me stories of Austin when he was a little boy. Everything was so nice and I have been raving about her birthday cake since. Greg ordered it from the "Puffy Muffin" in Franklin and it was in the shape of a Coach purse. It was amazing- it looked like a real purse. And of course our good little boy slept through half the party. Happy Birthday Shannon!



Last Monday -Landry finally got to meet his great aunts on the Simmons side of the family. It was perfect time for them to meet him since Martha and Nora are still in town. It was really nice all of us getting to visit for a while.

Last Tuesday -poor Landry got his 2 month shots on his 9 week old birthday. That was not a fun day for Landry or myself. However, I do have to say I was pretty proud of how well I handled myself that day. I just kept telling myself these are to help keep him healthy and I knew that 3 shots couldn't be worse than then spinal tap and IV they started on him that night in the ER when he was just 3 weeks old. He handled the shots pretty good and ran just a slight fever- but we just treated with childrens Tylenol. I know his diaper is full in this picture but we had to act fast to get a good picture that day- he was worn out and we didn't want to take a chance of getting him upset before we could take his 9 week old picture. At his appointment he weighed 12lbs and 15 oz and was 23 and 1/4 inches long. He is on growing boy!!

Last Wednesday he had his first big shopping trip with me, Byrdie and Aunt Baleigh. We started the day off at Burlington coat factory and spent 3 hours there. Yes- I said 3 hours in that one store alone!! That store is huge and has many great finds if you are willing to dig a bit like you do at TJ Maxx. Then we decided to head to Opry Mills for a while. Since it was Wednesday night we had limited time so we could get back in time for church. We were there for about 4 hours and only made it to 5 stores!! Once again that mall is HUGE and we didn't even get to cover 1/4 of the mall. Landry did GREAT! He loved all the lights and music. I think he is going to be a shopper like his mama! :) However, his daddy has different plans for him and I think they have to do with the golf course! :)

This week seems to be much calmer and hopefully I can get caught up on some laundry, cleaning, and sleep!

Milestone: These past 2 weeks Landry has stated laughing. It is so sweet to hear that little voice! I could be having a bad/overwhelming day and as soon as I see that little grin or hear that laugh everything seems to be so much brighter. I was finally able to catch a few pictures of him smiling.


No comments:

Post a Comment