Monday, May 31, 2010

"Mom, Mom, Momma!"

Finally!! I have finally heard my little boy say my name! No he doesn't look at me and call me that but he will walk around the house saying Mom mom mom momma. Melts my heart! And of course I give him bunches of attention when he says it so hopefully he will put it together that he needs to call me that to get my attention. That is the sweetest name I have ever been called and I love it! I have survived going back to work! I have actually enjoyed the "adult" time also! It's nice to have adult conversations and someone who will talk back to you and answer your questions. Landry is growing so much lately. Bless his little heart ever since I have started back to work prn his little attitude has grown as well. Not sure if it's just by chance that they happened at the same time or if it has a little to do with his babysitters letting him get away with EVERYTHING. ha ha!(that's grandparents, a great grandmother, and aunt for ya-but he LOVES them!) We always have some "detoxing" to do the day after I work. Don't get me wrong though-he has a BLAST and I wouldn't change it for anything. He has done much better this past week so I guess he figured out he can't get away with everything when he comes back home-he is slowly but surely learning his limits. He is such a strong willed little boy and like my great grandmother always used to say and my mother reminds me frequently "what's born of the flesh can't be beat out of the flesh."
On another note I had a wonderful mother's day and got the PERFECT gift from my little boy! He got me a Pandora bracelet!! I have been wanting one for about a year but never did I expect that for a mother's day present. It is so beautiful! It has a his initials on it (L.A.)and a little boy in the middle to represent him and then 2 flowers on each end b/c I love flowers. It was such a thoughtful gift and it meant so much to me! It's such a personal gift b/c I can keep adding charms on to it and I am very excited about that! I love my little boy more and more everyday and his sweet daddy who spoils me!
Austin and I just booked our 4 year anniversary trip and lets just say THRILLED does not even touch our emotions!! We haven't been anywhere with just me and Austin since out 1st anniversary when we went to Disney World and we are so excited. We will be leaving Landry behind but he is going to be in good hands with Byrdie, Daddo, Nana, Pops, Aunt Baleigh and Uncle Nat. So I'm guessing you are wondering what we booked.....well it's 5 day Cruise on Royal Caribbean to BERMUDA!!! :)

I grew up a HUGE beach boys fan and my all time favorite song of theirs is "Cocomo." I have always wanted to go to every place they list in that song and now I am getting to check off Bermuda! So lets just say I have ALWAYS wanted to go there and it was much cheaper to do the cruise than to fly and stay there plus the added bonus of being able to totally relax on the cruise boat really appealed to us also. With a little coaxing to Austin about the amazing golf courses they have there he very easily agreed this was the place for us! It will be so nice to do nothing but just lay on the boat and take in so sun b/c as most parents our feet his the floor every day at 6:30 and we don't stop till we go to bed at 10:30. We love our life and wouldn't change a thing but every now and then it's nice to relax and kick your feet up and I feel when we do this we are better parents for it! I know we will come back re energized and ready to see our little boy as we have never left him for more than 1 night.
This is just a quick summary on what all I had to get caught up on since I have been missing from the blog world lately but I have several more blogs to do with several cute pictures I might add...but those will come later! :)

2 comments:

  1. YAY for a trip for just the two of you!!!!!

    LOVE the braclet.. I got one too and its the most thoughtful thing, isnt it!

    FYI age 16-18 mths were the WORST for Grant and a bad attitude.. its a rotten stage :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of your trip!! I know you will miss sweet Landry like crazy, but you'll have a great time! Get some sun for me!

    ReplyDelete