Tuesday, November 17, 2009

pARtY aNImAL!

Landry loves a good party!! We have had so many different events lately and he has done amazing at all of them-we'll almost all of them! The first party he has celebrated recently was his daddy's 27th birthday. Landry loved looking at the ALL THOSE CANDLES on the cake and I have a feeling he is going to like fire like his daddy! :)


This was Austin's first birthday to celebrate as a father so it was special to all of us. He started off the day with getting to sleep late. Usually Austin gets up with Landry on Saturday mornings around 6:00-7:00(depending on how late Landry sleeps). I know I have a VERY sweet husband who lets me get some good rest on Saturday mornings and I always look forward to sleeping in! However, for his birthday I took the morning shift and he slept. He then woke up to his favorite "Breakfast Casserole." He celebrated the day away with watching football all afternoon - one game after another. I had asked Austin several times what type of cake he wanted for his birthday and he was dead set on strawberry cake with cream cheese icing. I really tried to persuade him to let me make a chocolate cream cheese icing but he just wasn't going for it. So since it was HIS birthday I followed orders and actually ended up making strawberry cake and strawberry cream cheese icing. He didn't object that at all b/c he LOVES LOVES LOVES strawberries- the more the merrier! That night we went over to his parents house and he once again had his favorite dinner food Lasagna made by his mother and we got to celebrate with our good friends Abby and Zach and their little girl Clara and good family friends Greg, Shannon and Kate Yokley. Kate was really cute and had to help Austin blow his candles out. Austin had a great birthday and it was so fun celebrating with him- Happy Birthday Austin you are the best husband, father to Landry, and wonderful Christian husband! God couldn't have blessed me with a better husband!
The second party Landry has attended lately was my dad's surprise 50th party. Let's just say that Landry DOES NOT like the party horns!! Bless his heart when my dad walked in and everyone yelled surprise he TOTALLY lost it and was not able to recover the rest of the night!! I felt so horrible for him b/c he was just totally out of sorts. If you know Landry that is not normal for him at all to not enjoy a party! He loves being around people and being entertained by big crowds. But he was just not having it this night. Once everyone left and it was a little more quiet and there weren't strangers walking up to him every 5 seconds he was all smiles and a totally different baby. He made a 90 degree turn-i think the party horns just did him in that night. But we got a few really cute pictures of him playing with Dad-o's balloon strings after everyone had left and he started smiling again. Happy Birthday Dad-O! Thanks for being such a wonderful Christian Father, example, grandfather to Landry!! God couldn't have blessed me with a better daddy!


The third party we have attended lately was Alex was chosen by the freshman class to be a homecoming attendant at Freed Hardeman so we headed up to Freed and celebrated with him. It was so good getting to visit with him and Evan! Landry just loves them and I can tell he already looks up to them! :) Landry was so funny during all the presentations! We happened to be sitting in the very front table(which being a mother always makes you nervous b/c if a melt down happens everyone will see it) but I have to say Landry was a charmer! He was just talking to everyone around us. When it came time to present the homecoming attendants he kept looking at the announcer who was talking into the microphone and would just grin from ear to ear. Landry thought he was talking and smiling at him the whole time!! It was too cute!! I guess that the only child for you- He thought he was the center of attention and everyone was there for him. ha ha! But congratulations Alex! You looked very charming and we were so glad to be able to celebrate with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment