Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sleeping in my own crib!!








Landry has finally moved into his own crib this week. He has been sleeping in a bassinet by our bed since the day we brought him home from the hospital. I told myself I would put him in his crib when he turned 12 weeks old. Leading up to the week I had changed my mind and I decided that I really wasn't ready to move him yet. However, on his 12 week old birthday I was rocking him to sleep in his room and was looking at his crib. The thought ran through my head "I am never going to want to move him in here- I just better do it tonight." And so that night-even though he had never so much as touched a toe on his mattress- he slept in that big crib all by himself like a big boy. I don't think I could have done it if I didn't have the baby monitor that we have. My dad got us a great deal on the video monitor so that you can see them on a small tv screen even at night. It's WONDERFUL! It made me feel closer to him since I could still see him while he slept. Just for the record- it was a lot harder on me moving him into his crib than it was to Landry. It didn't even phase him but I cried like a baby for about an hour and even sat there and watched the monitor like it was a tv show all night. haha! I guess it's just me realizing he is growing up and getting bigger. He didn't sleep too good in it the first night- he went from sleeping all night the night before to getting up at 1:00am, 4:00am, and 5:30am and then for good around 7:00. I guess it could have just been coincidence but I'm sure it was just a totally new environment to him and he wasn't too sure about it. But he is sleeping much better again and actually slept though the night again last night. Knock on wood he keeps it up and I don't jinks myself by blogging about it! I attached some pictures of our little man from throughout this week. I love the one with his little lip tucked out. That is his pout face I was talking about in the previous blog. He can stick that lip out so far! And I finally got a cute picture of that little behind this week after we stripped him down to get ready for a bath.

Milestone: He held a rattle today all by himself for the first time- he shook it just a couple of times before he dropped it. I didn't get a picture of it but hopefully as we practice our new trick this week I will be able to get a good one.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Landry!!!! I couldnt live without my video monitor!!!!! Makes for a more restful night!!!

    ReplyDelete