Landry is talking so much lately. It always catches me off guard b/c I'm not used to him trying to carry on conversations with me but I love it! Here are just a few of my favorite things he has done or said lately. Also I'm sorry I haven't posted very much lately and I will get some pictures up sometime this week. My child who once took 2-3 hour naps has recently decided he is only going to sleep for 25 minutes. And on top of the 25 minute naps he is 21 months old the TWO's are RAPIDLY approaching and I think that's all I have to say about that right now-it's self explanatory! ha! So it's been a rough few weeks to put it nicely. But on top of our bad days there are still many more days and moments that my little boy says and does the sweetest things and here are just a few of them.
One Sunday morning in church a few weeks ago we sang "Jesus Loves Me" Landry was playing and never acted like he recognized the song which surprised me b/c we always sing that song with him. However, as soon as the song was over and the auditorium got quiet Landry immediately stood up in the pew and started clapping and yelling "YAAAAY" at the top of his lungs. It was so cute and it took all I had to keep my composure. I was relieved to know that everyone around us thought it was cute and was giggling along with us. Lets just say I think he recognized the song after all!
"moe" is Landry's word for more
"ooooooo ols" is his translation for "GO VOLS"
"guddy guddy guddy guddy ouchdown" is his version of "go go go go go go touchdown!"
"ootbawl" translation "football"
"babby" translation "abby" my mother and daddy's dog
"bye baby"-I have always said "Bye baby when leaving him and the other day I told him to say bye to someone at church and he looked at them and said "Bye baby"
"benben" is landry's word for "Bentleigh" which is Nathan and Amber's dog
"aaaaaaaiiideeeee" is Landry's version of "Sadie" our dog
We were watching "Nemo" the other day while we were on the road to Gatlinburg and when Nemo's mother go killed by the big mean fish at the beginning of the movie Landry looked up at me and said "UH OH!" and then in the next part of the movie when Nemo's father is looking for his wife or all the fish eggs and is crying he looked up at me and said "aaahh eee" aka "sorry." This was the sweetest thing I had ever heard and caught me off guard.
Oh I know there are so many more I am leaving out right now but I guess they will have to go in anther blog some other day. I promise I will post pictures of our Simmons family trip to Gatlinburg last weekend-it' was so much fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment