He wasnt feeling or sounding good at all when we got there and it broke my heart to see him in that hospital crib with the little hospital gown on that just about drug the ground bc it was so big on him.
I will just go on a bragging blog here for a minute and just say he was the BEST patient on the unit. He thought he was at his very own retreat all weekend. Not only did we think he did so good but the doctor on call that weekend said the same thing as did ALL the nurses that took care of him around the clock and the respiratory therapist that were in and out of our room every few hours all weekend. They would have to go get each other with each shift change and say "I'm sorry I just had to show them how cute and sweet your little boy is. I just have the best patient ever and they are so jealous!" He stole the show and somehow became the center of attention even on a pediatric unit at the hospital-he always seems to get attention somehow! ha! I was really worried about my little guy all weekend! I was anxious at how he would do with them coming in the room ever 2 hours during the night to get his vitals and give him his medicine but he was a champ! He slept right through all the commotion Saturday night and never knew they came in his room-it was another story for Austin and myself though! Thankfully he is doing much better and they let us come home yesterday. They put him on 4 different medicines for the rest of the week and will now on will be on a preventative medicine for 30 days to hopefully keep this from happening again since this was his 3rd spell since July 4th weekend. 
They still can't officially diagnosis him with "asthma" b/c he isn't old enough. But they all but came out and said it was asthma and there is something that is triggering these episodes either an allergy to something or just random attacks. But once again they can't officially say what his allergies are b/c he isn't old enough for testing yet. This is very Frustrating-I just want to know what's causing my baby to not be able to breathe and get rid of it and make it stop! But in the mean time we will continue his medicines and try to prevent another one from happening. I took these pictures with mt cell phone while we were there so the quality isn't the best but I wanted a few shot of our little man this weekend. Please notice his little booties/house shoes he has on in these pictures! they are so cute on him and he LOVES them! Nathan got them for him when he went to Guatemala last month!This was the last picture I took before we left the hospital-as you can tell he was feeling much better!
So glad that he is better! We feel so helpless being so far away...not that we could change things if we were closer but it would be nice to be there for you. We are praying for Landry (and you & Austin too). Nora and Wyatt send big hugs and kisses. Love y'all!
ReplyDeleteHope lil Landry is feeling better! I love keeping up with you guys through the blog! :)
ReplyDeleteAwww. bless his little heart, and yours too!
ReplyDeleteSo happy he's better, saying prayers for hiM!