Well as I am sure most of you know Landry got the H1N1 flu last week! Talking about scary!! He was so pitiful!! It all started Tuesday morning when he woke up coughing. I didn't think much of the cough though b/c he got croup about 2 weeks back and a little cough had lingered ever since- so I just thought he still has some irritation to his throat from that. So I head down to Pulaski for a dental appointment. Landry feel asleep on the way down there, while Amber and I were pushing him in his stroller during a 2 mile run, and on the way home from Pulaski. (I should have known something was up when he feel asleep twice in one day in the car-that NEVER happens-he hates his car seat!!) So when we got home he just wasn't acting like himself-h has been pretty clingy all day and didn't want to be put down and play. So I took his temperature- and it was 102.3! Talk about a sick feeling in my stomach!! My immediate thought was-he has the flu!! He had been coughing, had a little congestion and a temperature-so I just had that feeling. All that night he didn't feel good. We check on him periodically check on him throughout the night and keep tylenol on him every 4 hours but it still wasnt breaking his fever at all. When he wakes up the next day and we check his tempt and its still high we take him to the doctor and sure enough it's the H1N1 flu!! My heart sank and I got tears in my eyes! Poor little thing was asolutely pitiful and lifeless. He slept 3/4 of the day in my arms b/c he did not want to be put down. His tempt got as high as 103.7- talk about scary! As a nurse I know that when you run a high fever your respirations get fast and shallow but seeing this in your child nurse or not you just get really scared and wonder "Is this normal? Can he breath ok? Should I take him to the ER? Am I overreacting?" I was so scared- I would just sit and cry holding him in my arms b/c I had never seen him like that before. But he was drinking like a champ and keeping fluids in him so there was nothing else the ER could have done for him that I wasn't already doing. During all of this Austin started not feeling good either and we were scared he was was getting the flu also so he also got started on Tamiflu and I think we caught his pretty fast. I was physically and mentally worn out from taking care of my 2 precious boys all day and night but thankfully we are all on the mends now and the only symptom Landry has lingering is a bad cough and Austin is totally healed. I think this week will be a little less hectic so I hope to post some new pictures later this week.
Landry turned 11 months old today-Happy 11 month birthday Landry Austin!
Awww. how pitiful.. its so sad when they are lethargic and lifeless :( So glad you are all better!
ReplyDelete